The first public testing of Uldir’s sixth boss Zek’voz, Herald of N’Zoth, was conducted yesterday. We want to show you a portion of the raid zone and a few attempts at bringing down the boss.
Here’s a short exploration video showing off a portion of Uldir that opened up with Zek’voz.
Zek’voz, Herald of N’Zoth (Heroic Difficulty)
Zek’voz attacks players while the compromised Titan Discs come online, calling forth powerful Old God magics and summoning their lesser servants. As new Titan Discs come online, previously activated Discs will power down.
- Keep a safe distance from your allies when Eye Beam is preparing to fire.
- Consider your positioning when Roiling Deceit is about to expire.
- Titan Spark strikes random targets periodically.
- Surging Darkness inflicts substantial damage to all party members in addition to the lethal damage within each eruption.
- Avoid being struck by Void Lash multiple times during Might of the Void.
- Consider the position of your allies when redirecting casts of Void Lash.
- Titan Spark – Titan energy arcs from the damaged Titan Disc, striking several targets for 8,970 Nature damage.
- Surging Darkness – Upon reaching 100 energy, Zek’voz unleashes a series of eruptions in quick succession. Each eruption inflicts 10,000 Shadow damage to players caught within it. In addition, each eruption inflicts 8,000 Shadow damage to all players.
- Might of the Void – Zek’voz performs a series of powerful attacks.
Stage One: Chaos
At 90% health remaining Protocol: Chaos begins. Summoning projections of C’Thun and replicating minions from the Qiraji empire.
- Eye Beam – The Eye of C’Thun penetrates the soul of the target, dealing 33,700 Shadow damage and leaping to any nearby allies for increased damage.
- Fixate – A Qiraji Warrior sets its attention on an enemy. Lasts 15 sec or until it strikes its target.
- Jagged Mandible – The Qiraji Warrior’s melee attacks maim the target, inflicting 6,718 Physical damage every 3 sec. This effect stacks.
- In Heroic difficulty, Jagged Mandible also reduces movement speed by 50%.
Stage Two: Deception
At 70% health remaining Protocol: Deception begins. Summoning projections of Yogg-Saron and replicating servants from Azjol-Nerub.
- Roiling Deceit – Yogg-Saron corrupts the target, inflicts 16,320 Shadow damage every 3 sec and forms an Ominous Cloud upon expiration.
Ominous Clouds slowly drift through the area and will Boil Ominously if an enemy strays too close, summoning a Guardian of Yogg-Saron.
Guardian of Yogg Saron (Casts Shadow Nova upon raching 100 energy when defeated).
- Shadow Nova – Self destructs, Inflicting 19,950 Shadow damage to all enemies.
- Guardian of Yogg Saron (Casts Shadow Nova upon raching 100 energy when defeated).
- Ominous Clouds slowly drift through the area and will Boil Ominously if an enemy strays too close, summoning a Guardian of Yogg-Saron.
- Anub’ar Voidweaver
Stage Three: Corruption
At 50% health remaining Protocol: Corruption begins. The magic released from the damaged Titan Discs appears to be unchecked and more than a demonstration of power…
- Overload – The damaged disc activates, increasing the frequency of Titan Spark.
Orb of Corruption – Explodes on impact with ground, inflicting 15,000 Shadow damage to all players. Pulses every 5 sec while grounded for 100% increased damage. Intercepting the Orb of Corruption launchs the orb forward and afflicts the intercepting player with Corruptor’s Pact.
- Corruptor’s Pact – Overwhelming power courses through you. Maximum health, damage done, and healing done increased by 100%. Afflicted by Will of the Corruptor upon expiration.
- Will of the Corruptor – The mind of the victim is overtaken, forcing them to attack their allies until they are slain.
- In Heroic difficulty, Will of the Corruptor causes the victim to release an Entropic Wave.
The boss was overtuned at start, but Blizzard adjusted his health and damage throughout testing to make the encounter more manageable. Here’s a very early video preview, showing off some of his abilities.