We’re exactly five weeks away from Battle for Azeroth launch. Events for this week include Mists Timewalking and Temple of Hotmogu PvP Brawl.
- We’re five weeks away from Battle for Azeroth launch. You can find the latest information in our Battle for Azeroth Expansion Hub.
- While nothing has been officially confirmed by Blizzard, it seems that the 8.0 pre-patch will go live on July 17.
- Mage Tower is permanently up until then. Check out our list of things to do before Battle for Azeroth and/or the pre-patch go live.
- Legion Artifacts are unstable right now, resulting in a huge power spike (Concordance of the Legionfall). The temporary power influx lead to ridiculous feats, such as Mythic Argus Solo Heal, 3-player groups defeating Normal Argus, and more.
Mythic Keystone Affixes
The following affixes will be active this week:
Below is a list of all relevant weekly quests that should be completed this week:
- Fuel of a Doomed World and Invasion Onslaught (Argus weekly quests) both reward 1,000 reputation with both Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. Unlocking Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves is gated behind Exalted reputation standing with both Argus factions. You can find more information here.
- Complete 20 world quests for The World Awaits to get 5,000 Order Resources.
- Complete 5 Timewalking dungeons for A Shrouded Path Through Time to receive a Cache of Fel Treasures (contains Normal difficulty Antorus loot) and 1 Seal of Broken Fate.
- Win a PvP Brawl for the weekly quest Something Different to receive a Brawler’s Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier’s Legacy.
- Barnacled Mistcaller Orb
- Cord of Kept Souls
- Hel-Cursed Belt
- Helchain Waistguard
- Sea-Reaver’s Girdle
- Soultrapper’s Pendant
- Thrice-Accursed Compass
Sotanathor is up on Argus and the portal is located in Mac’Aree (44, 50). Argus world bosses drop ilvl 930 loot, so don’t forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for a bonus roll.
- Bracers of Diabolic Fury
- Enthralling Chain Armor
- Fel-Linked Crushers
- Gauntlets of Barbaric Cruelty
- Gloves of Grim Direction
- Gore-Soaked Legplates
- Horned Hood of Retaliation
- Robes of Demonic Purpose
- Spaulders of Vile Determination
- Spike of Immortal Command
- Sotanathor’s Thundering Hoof
- Subjugated Drudge’s Leggings
- Waistguard of Devilish Deeds
Mists of Pandaria Timewalking (July 10 – 17)
It’s time for Mists of Pandaria Timewalking. Any Timewalking boss has a chance to drop Reins of the Infinite Timereaver. Complete the weekly quest to get a chest that contains a single piece of Normal difficulty Antorus loot. The Timewalking vendor can be found on the Timeless Isle.
Players level 91 and over will be able to venture into six of Mists of Pandaria’s storied dungeons to reap new rewards all week during this Bonus Event. Simply open the Group Finder (default hotkey: “I”) and then select Dungeon Finder and Timewalking in the “Type” dropdown menu. Selecting “Find Group” will match you with other players and send you to one of the following Heroic Dungeons.
- Temple of the Jade Serpent
- Stormstout Brewery
- Shado-Pan Monastery
- Mogu’shan Palace
- Siege of Niuzao Temple
- Gate of the Setting Sun
Your character and items will be scaled down to a power level fitting for the challenge at hand, but bosses will yield loot appropriate for your natural level. Timewalking dungeons also have a chance to drop items that usually drop when you run them on Heroic, and you’ll earn reputation with a faction that is interested in the dungeon.
You’ll also be able to visit a new Timewalking vendor located on the Timeless Isle. Mistweaver Xia is waiting to take your hard-earned Timewarped Badges in exchange for some tempting rewards:
- Reins of the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (Yu’lei, Daughter of Jademount)
- 2 Pets— Infinite Hatchling (dragonkin) and Paradox Spirit (aquatic)
- Reputation Tokens for all major Pandaria factions and friendship items
- 2 Toys— Adopted Puppy Crate and Portable Yak Wash
- Chilled Satchel of Vegetables
- Updated equipment selections from Pandaria factions
Look for the following all week long:
Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. You can also start the quest from within the Adventure Guide (Shift- “J”).
- Quest Requirement: Complete 5 Timewalking dungeons.
- Rewards: One Seal of Broken Fate and one loot box containing a piece of gear from Normal difficulty Antorus, the Burning Throne.
ABOUT BONUS EVENTS
Bonus Events occur on a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a reward for accomplishing a related goal. Check the in-game calendar regularly to keep on top of the scheduled events. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any quests associated with the Bonus Event of the week.
PvP Brawl: Temple of Hotmogu (July 10 – 17)
Enter the Temple of Kotmogu for this fast-paced match. For a whole new twist, players will be able throw the Orb of Power to friendly players in a game of hot potato. Beware, they’ll also gain the debuffs along with the orb so choose wisely. We’re turning things up (to 11) by changing resurrection time to a quick 5 seconds. Who will be able to hold on to the power to claim victory?