Some gameplay mechanics provide opportunities for frustration for a lot of players and the Heroes of the Storm dev team decided to updated the Garden of Terror map in a future patch. Check out the highlights!
Garden of Terror Rework Highlights
- The day/night cycle and the Garden Terror vehicle are both gone.
A new seed phase has been added to the map.
- Six seed-spawning locations are spread across the map.
- A seed will emerge at one of these locations, guarded by a set of Shambler defenders.
- Once the Shamblers are defeated, the seed can be channeled and gathered by either team (similar to Cursed Hollow tributes).
- Seeds will continue to spawn until either team gathers three in total, closing out the objective.
- When the third seed’s gathered, three Garden Terrors will immediately spawn and burrow to the front line of the winning team’s lanes, bolstering their pushing efforts, just like Webweavers on Tomb of the Spider Queen.
- The new terrors utilize the Overgrowth ability that disables Structures and a large AoE stomp attack.